WE WILL DELIVER
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Business Networking:
- Through The Canberra Business Yarning Circle: a culturally sensitive networking event run by an experienced facilitator.
Business Development Training & Support
- Six Business, Product and Finance Workshops. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Business specific workshops targeting key finance, management and communication skills;
- The second Indigenous Trade Show. Dion ran the first of these in 2016. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Business Trade Show showcasing local Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Businesses to local, Commonwealth Government, universities and corporate bodies;
- Individual Business Mentoring and Strategy. Engage twelve businesses. Develop strategic plans for individual businesses and provide direct support and mentoring of each business for twelve months in conjunction with our education partner the University of Canberra;
- Five Specialist Business Advice Sessions. Experts will be engaged to provide targeted advice and support (for example: legal and Intellectual Property); and
- Establish a co-working space for at least five entrepreneurs with appropriate office support.
Individual Development and Employment:
- We will present Three Employability Training Sessions. These Educational sessions will be presented to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander students seeking support in finding employment; and
- Provide additional support such as CV support, interview training etc.
- Enable at least five Internships/Traineeships. We are committed to providing Internship opportunities for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander students in local Indigenous and non-Indigenous businesses.
- We will refer at least ten Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander business owners or entrepreneurs to the Canberra Institute of Technology to undertake training in areas where skills gaps have been identified.